An Account That Both Grows And Goes With Them
Start Early and Teach Your Kids Financial Responsibility
It’s never too early to start planning for a child’s financial future, and Police FCU can help. It’s important to take the time to discuss finances with your child/grandchild. Help them take control now and make sure college isn’t the first experience they have in managing money! Assist them with creating a realistic savings and spending plan. Include individual budgets for clothing, snacks, entertainment and other expenses. Teach them to live on what they earn and you’ll be surprised at how motivated they become when they watch their savings grow.
It’s Easy! You can open an account for your child online today.
All you need is:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s social security number
- Your personal information (as joint owner of the account) Click here for a list of acceptable identification.
As a joint owner, you can monitor your child/grandchild’s account by setting up a Trusted Relationship Access, allowing you to monitor and conduct transactions in and out of their account via single sign on access through your personal Digital Banking or Police FCU Mobile App.
For youths ages 16 and 17, Police FCU offers a great way to prepare for the transition from high school to college. Consider setting up a Youth Checking Account.
You can help them build financial awareness and responsibility!
Your child will have access to:
- Interest bearing accounts
- Tools to manage their money from jobs, allowance, birthday and other gift money with the Police FCU Mobile App and Digital Banking
- Mobile Check Deposit (with the Police FCU Mobile App)
- Over 30,000 Surcharge-Free ATMs nationwide with their:
Police FCU ATM Card (Ages 12 and up with a Savings Account*)
Police FCU Visa® Debit Card (Ages 16 and up with a Checking Account*)
- Over 5,000 Shared Branches nationwide
- Targeted financial education, helping them learn about saving, spending, and budgeting
- Scholarship opportunities through the CU Foundation
- An account that will both grow with them and go with them!
A Police FCU Youth Account can help:
- Develop good money management habits and financial responsibility
- Get them on the road to financial independence
- Establish a relationship that they can build on, allowing them access- as adults, to all services that the credit union offers. This includes great rates of return on their deposited funds and excellent, low rates on loan products that they will need to make those important purchases such as a car or new home.