Police Federal Credit Union (Police FCU) is a, member-owned, not-for-profit financial institution committed to protecting the financial futures of, and serving our members serving in law enforcement, and their families, financial needs. In the same, protecting our members’ privacy is a top priority of Police FCU.
Information Police FCU Collects and May Disclose
Due to the nature of our business, we routinely retain personal information about our members. As your financial partner, we are committed to providing you with competitive rates and products & services to meet your financial needs, which necessitates that we share information about you to complete your transactions and to provide you with certain financial opportunities. In order to do so, we have entered into agreements with select companies (third parties) that provide either services to us, or additional financial products for you to consider. Under these arrangements, we may disclose the information we collect, as described below, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf, or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We highly respect your right to privacy and we make all reasonable and prudent efforts to safeguard this information. We maintain all information in confidence. To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose mailing lists or other personally identifiable information either for commercial or other purposes, nor do we permit the companies we work with to sell to other third parties the information we provide to them. The exception to this rule is our participation with credit reporting agencies. We regularly supply these agencies with information about the paying habits of individual members to facilitate the making of member loans, one of our primary functions. The information that we provide to these credit reporting agencies is protected by federal law and its use is strictly governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
If you decide to terminate your membership with Police Federal Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
When we do collect information about you it is to facilitate the relationship between you and us. We use the following methods for collecting and using information:
· Membership and loan applications and other forms, both on and offline. We obtain information such as your name, address, email, address, social security number, birth date, income.
· Your transactions with us or other companies that work closely with us to provide you with financial products and services. We obtain information such as your account balances, payment history, parties to transactions, and credit card usage.
· Consumer reporting agencies. We obtain information such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
· Verifications of information you provide on applications and other forms. We obtain information from current or past employers, other financial institutions, and other sources listed on the application.
· Consumer purchasing and census data providers, marketing researchers and public records such as demographic information.
When Information May be Shared
· To meet your financial needs, from time to time, we may enter into joint marketing agreements with other companies to offer you a wide range of high-quality financial products and services at reduced prices, or to provide marketing services on our behalf. We may share member information with certain partnering vendors with whom we have a contractual relationship to provide specific products and services such as insurance services, credit cards and account statements. These services are frequently requested services that Police FCU would not otherwise be able to provide without affiliates and vendors. To protect our members’ privacy we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. These vendors are prohibited from using member information for any purpose other than that for which they have been authorized. We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our member information for their own marketing purposes. We do not share any personal information about you or our former members with third parties, except as permitted or required by law and as necessary for business purposes.
Situations Where We May Share Member Information With Our Third Parties
· When necessary to complete a transaction, service or process a financial product or fulfill a service that the member requests
· In compliance with U.S. tax laws and court orders, or with consumer and credit reporting agencies
· To non-affiliated third parties at the member’s consent or request.
Maintaining Your Information Security
· We restrict access to your nonpublic, personal information to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data to perform updates or account maintenance, or provide products or services to you. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and protecting member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
What You Can Do to Help Protect Your Privacy – Doing Your Part
· Police Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting your privacy, but you can do your part in protecting your own privacy by following these simple guidelines:
· Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers), and passwords. Never keep your PINs or passwords with your ATM or check/debit cards.
· Immediately report lost or stolen cards
Keep your contact information with us current
(contact information: address, phone number(s), email address).
· It is important that we have your current contact information, in the event we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. It is the responsibility of the member to inform us of any updates.
· Exercise discretion when disclosing personal information (i.e. account numbers, social security numbers, and other sensitive information) to other persons. Be leery if you receive a call from someone claiming to be an employee of the credit union asking for your account information, or receive emails requesting you to update your account information. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
· We are continually updating and running routine maintenance to ensure that all information presented is current, accurate, and useable, HOWEVER, this information should be construed only as a guideline, and is subject to change without notice.
· Before accessing/using any information contained on the Police FCU website that you believe may be suspect, you should contact Police FCU at (301)-817-1200, 1-877-ARU-PFCU, or via email at email@example.com (or an equally appropriate source) to ask for authoritative information and guidance.
· In addition, all software or other services that we directly provide on our website for public use, or that has been created by third parties that we are partnered with, provided on our site, are offered with all terms, conditions, warranties and disclaimers listed above. Additionally, all information, products, and services are presented “as is.”
· As a courtesy to members, we may post links to other related web sites which we feel may be of interest or use to you. The addition of any of these links is not to be construed as an endorsement of any services offered by these sites. Police FCU does not control the content of these links and therefore assumes no responsibility for the availability or content of these sites, nor is responsible for the privacy practices of such web sites.
Internet Security Policy
· At Police Federal Credit Union the security of your personal information, both offline and online is paramount, and we are committed to maintaining a secure website for our members. We have employed the necessary measures to ensure that our website provides the maximum level of security to all our online users.
· You are not required to disclose any personally identifying information when you visit the Police FCU website; however, you may choose to contact us via e-mail which does require the disclosure of personally identifying information. When you communicate with us by e-mail, we use your e-mail address and other personal information for the specific purpose you requested and for responding to your questions or comments. We will not sell, trade, or otherwise disclose personal identifying information unless we are compelled to do so by law.
· To protect your privacy, please specify in your e-mail the way you wish Police FCU to reply to your e-mail: U.S. mail, telephone, or e-mail. If you e-mail Police FCU by any other means, we encourage you to specify the reply method you wish us to use; if no reply method is specified, we will reply via e-mail.
· Police FCU cannot ensure that email is secure against interception by unauthorized individuals; therefore it is recommended that any sharing of private information be done through other means.
· Police FCU maintains a database of the email addresses of credit union members who have subscribed to Police FCU Online Banking, our internet based account access system. This information is used to disseminate information about the Police FCU Online Banking system to users, and will not be sold, traded, or otherwise disclosed unless we are compelled to do so by law.
Controls & Alerts App
The Controls & Alerts App periodically collects, transmits, and uses geolocation information to enable features that prevent fraudulent card use and send alerts, but only if the End User expressly authorizes collection of such information. Geolocation information can be monitored on a continuous basis in the background only while the Solution is being used or not at all, depending on the End User’s selection. End Users can change their location permissions at any time in their device settings.
Terms and conditions
· These policies do not address every possible situation and circumstance. They are moreover intended to provide guidance to Police FCU management and members and are not intended to create enforceable legal rights for any individual.
· The information, text, and graphics included on the Police FCU website are protected by the copyright laws of the United States and international treaties. Police FCU reserves the right to change policies and information at any time, with or without notice. Not all products and services are available in all geographic areas. Your eligibility for any particular product or service is subject to approval by Police FCU.
Contact the Police Federal Credit Union
· If you have questions concerning the privacy of your information or if you need to correct information we have on file, please contact us at:
Police Federal Credit Union
9100 Presidential Parkway
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
1-877-ARU-PFCU (1.877.278.7328) (Toll-Free)
Patriot Act Notice
· To assist the government fight against the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.